I Am Me

How many times a day will you have to remind me of my faults? How much of my thoughts are you going to consume? What will it take to get you out of my head? A constant reminder isn’t what I need from you. I know how much you miss me and how much you want me back. I broke away from you though. I broke away with a smile. I didn’t want you apart of me anymore. The sad thing is you will always be with me, until the day I leave this world. I will be forever known as the girl who disappeared for six weeks without warning, without an explanation. I will always be stared at in the lunchroom until I leave that school. I will always be the gossip that people whisper.

You’re still in my thoughts and I still wish to be what you want me to. In a way I want what you want for me. I want to be the next best thing in your eyes. I want to be known for what you achieve me to be. I have motivation but it never seems to work like you or I want it to. When I finally reach the goal you set for me, you immediately tell me I can do better. Your words are persuading and I fall for every little fib you tell me. You won’t leave me alone until I obey your commands. I’m sick of you tricking me into your games that you play. The games were fun until someone got hurt. That someone was I and you never said sorry for what you did. Then again you have no feelings or compassion. You claim to be a comforting and selfless creature but to me you’re scary and egotistical. You never once gave me a compliment or commented on the success accomplished. In reality you were right. It wasn’t success I attained it was harm. I was hurting myself and causing pain for others. You never gave me a reason why you put me through the agony, pain, and suffering. The reason doesn’t matter now. I don’t need you in my life anymore. I know you won’t accept that I’ve finally moved on and I know you will do everything in your power to sneak back in my world. You’ve tried already and succeed. I’m not proud to say that you win sometimes but I’m strong enough to believe it won’t happen again. You will always be in the back of my mind just sitting and waiting for me to break. I’m not glass or paper. I’m not easy to break. I’m not fragile like they say and I’m not inferior like they claim I am. I am strong. I am wise. I am beautiful. I am me.

HaileyS This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Very powerful. Great job :)

P.S. I'm glad you "broke away with a smile" STAY STRONG!

KateKlosterman replied...
Thanks! Its great to hear positvie feedback

KateKlosterman replied...