Words that terrify me

Freak, weirdo, and worst of all retard. These are the words that cause me pain, when I think about them I get chills and sometimes-even cry. My worst fear is that my younger brother will get called one of these awful words. My brother is what you could call special, you see he has autism. Most parents will say its good to be different that there’s nothing wrong with that, but I know better. I know kids can be mean especially when they find an easy target like Riley. I’m Riley’s big sister and my job is to protect him from these words. I have nightmares about Riley being bullied and I wont be able to help. When I think about this I get chills and become scared but then I have another reaction. I remember that there are better people out there that don’t care about the stuff on the outside just what’s on the inside. When I think about these people I allow myself to relax, forget the awful words that cause me pain and remember the better people out there that accept riley for who he is.

ljbeautiful said...
My first peice of work published, but i think its pretty good please give me feedback.