The Best Birthday Ever | Teen Ink

The Best Birthday Ever

March 30, 2012
By Jessica Walker BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma
Jessica Walker BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The night before I turned thirteen years old, I stayed at my best friend Sarah’s house. Then on the morning of my birthday, my mom came and picked us up. We drove up to Joplin just the three of us. I got to decide exactly where to eat, which is a big deal for me because I love to pick the restaurant.

After we ate, we got to go to the mall and shop. We just went to my favorite stores and bought a couple of things for my birthday. Then there was a set-up of trampolines with harnessed ropes that people could pay to jump and flip on. I asked my mom, and she paid to let me jump on the trampoline. I jumped so high I thought I was going to hit the ceiling. I still remember laughing at how high I could jump. It felt like I could really fly. After we left the mall, went to a big movie theater to see a movie.

Even though we only did small things like shop and see a movie, this birthday was the best because it was a relaxed fun day with my very best friend and mom. It is very seldom that I get a whole day with my favorite friend and my loving mother, so it meant very much to me. If I could re-live that birthday, I would not change a thing. It has been three years, but it feels like it was yesterday. That beautiful summer birthday will always be one of my favorite childhood memories. I will always look back on it fondly.

A birthday wish is not just about the presents and cake you receive. It is about feeling loved and wanted by friends and family. The little things matter the most when it comes to life, and that is what I received on this great day. The little special things definitely matter the most.

The author's comments:
This article takes me back to one of my very favorite memories in my life. I want everyone that reads this to think about one of their favorite memories and look back on it and smile.