This I Believe | Teen Ink

This I Believe

March 26, 2012
By Hayleym BRONZE, Cataula, Georgia
Hayleym BRONZE, Cataula, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When I was little I always asked myself “why me”. Why did I fall off the scooter and scrape my knee. Why did I have to be the one to get in trouble. I soon came to realize that these things happened to other people as well. But it always thought as though my situations were worse. I’ve had many of my family members die due to cancer, lost some friends, and haven’t made certain teams but I never could understand why it was happening.
When I finally realized that everything happens for a reason I soon understood that it was a lesson that I would never forget. All throughout my life I have lost people that I am close to and I’m positive it has changed me for the better. When my aunt died, my family was distraught. We were all so close. But I realized that she is in a better place now, free of pain and is happy now. I have been through some tragic situations but in my opinion I think I have become stronger not only as a person, but also in my faith.
God has a plan for me and for everyone. I may not know each step I will follow in life but God has already planned each detail from the day I was born. In eighth grade one of the P.E. teachers told me I should try out for the volleyball team, so I did and I played through my sophomore year. During my junior year in high school, I didn’t make the volleyball team at the high school. I was lost. Even to this day, I don’t know how this could be a completely positive outcome. But I’ve learned that everything happens for a reason. Although I was embarrassed and felt left out, I know God has better plans for me ahead.
I believe that no matter what the situation is, that if you believe in yourself and stay strong that you can accomplish anything. Throughout your life you will experience some positive and some negative things, but it is meant to happen. Even though you may be sad or broken for a while, you can only get better. This I believe that everything happens for a reason so that we-as people-can become stronger and learn from our mistakes.
Since preschool I have had a best friend that I have kept up with even to this day. We did everything together. Our families went on vacations together and we would spend the night at each other’s houses all the time. When middle school came around, we went our separate ways which meant a more distant friendship. But when we were reunited during high school our friendship grew tremendously and we became much closer than ever before. This I believe is why everything happened for a reason.
I believe that everything has a reason for happening. No matter if it’s tragic or something small, it can change you either way. God has a plan for you; I believe it and I live it. I believe that these things can make you stronger, it has for me. And this is why I believe everything happens for a reason.