Bieber | Teen Ink

Bieber

By itsmakena BRONZE, Readington, New Jersey
itsmakena BRONZE, Readington, New Jersey

They clung to the metal barricades, holding onto their spots and holding onto their only hope of seeing him. Hundreds of people piled together, all there for the same reason, all screaming the same name. Cameras were out. Girls were crying. But strangely, I was not.
The wait was agonizingly slow, but once he came out, everything happened so fast. There he was: Justin Bieber. He stumbled out of the building with grace, landing a few feet away from me. I was screaming. Worst of all, I don’t even know what I was screaming. I thought maybe if he heard my voice, he would skip the other girls and come straight to me. Sure those other girls wanted to meet Justin, but I needed to meet him. I needed to see the face that I have watched on computer screens since July 29, 2009. I needed him to know that I was there with him through it all.
Despite all the commotion, I thought of something a Belieber once said to me: “You’ll meet Justin one day, don’t worry. And he looks even better in person”. At the time, I couldn’t see how he could possibly look better in person. He looks perfect in the pictures.
Then he came even closer and my legs were shaking uncontrollably. The rest was a blur. I didn’t even remember to get my digital camera ready or to make sure my mom was recording on the video camera or think about what I was going to say or to even breathe.
Next thing I knew he was in front of me, Sharpie in hand, holding my poster. He wrote his famous initials “JB” on my poster and I didn’t even have to ask. He was already moving on, so without thinking, I screamed, “Justin! I talked to you on Tumblr!” He stopped, looked back at me and said, “What?” I screamed, “Tumblr!” and he smiled that gorgeous smile and said, “Nice”. As fast as he came, he left. I was just another fan in the crowd, but it didn’t matter to me. My life was complete. My love spoke two words to me: “what” and “nice”. I will never forget it.
Looking back, I remember one detail above all. That girl was right. He looked better than he does in the pictures. I still don’t know how it was possible, but he was so perfect. She tried to explain this to me, but I never really understood it, not until I met him myself. Words can only say so much. The rest must be experienced.