2-14-12 | Teen Ink

2-14-12

By brightblue. GOLD, Green Bay, Wisconsin
brightblue. GOLD, Green Bay, Wisconsin

"Many things - such as loving, going to sleep, or behaving unaffectedly - are done worst when we try hardest to do them."
- C.S. Lewis

I don't think I'd necessarily mind being taken to dinner tomorrow, but I'm not going to outright say that's what I'm expecting, or really even asking for at all to be honest.

I think I'd rather if it was something spontaneous. I like things like that - when I can wake up in the morning, and there's chocolate Chex Mix in a bag on the counter waiting for me, or when I step outside to find it's raining, or when the alarm clock plays that song at five AM, and you know it's going to be a pretty great day.

To be honest, I think it would be best if we were to just sit in his car and eat M&M's. I've pretty much planned this out - he could ask me as we were leaving the building; I'd even skip Academic Team for this one (that's when you can tell it's dedication, skipping Academic Team). We could sit in his car and eat M&M's and listen to AFI or The Wonder Years or something. Maybe we could even drive to Starbucks and sit at a table and sip coffee, but then coffee costs money...and since I don't feel like paying for myself - or really letting him either, to be honest - I'm not sure that would pan out. I still don't know where to get the M&M's, so that might have to be nixed as well.
Perhaps he'll be able to provide the M&M's.
Maybe we won't even eat M&M's.
It'd be nice if we had our own special candy. Conversation Hearts. Something like that. That would be so cute, in the sort of over-the-top, gushy, way-too-conventionally-Valentine's-Day-but-still-secretly-adorable sort of way.

Honestly, I'd be more than pleased with just the car and stereo. We could sit there and talk and sing really badly and then laugh about how beautifully terrible our voices are, both separate and together.
And I know what he'd say, too. He'd finish half-screaming and snap-shake his head, smiling sideways to himself - he'd look at me, slanted, all blue eyes and mischief, and he'd say, "God, Sydney. We could be singers. We could really be singers."

I think that's what my day tomorrow shall consist of: a car and a stereo and a trip to nowhere.
That would be absolutely perfect.