Chritsmas Story | Teen Ink

Chritsmas Story

How do you spend your Christmas? When I have my Christmas I go three places: my mom’s, my dad’s, and my grandma’s. I like Christmas not only because of the presents but to spend time with family and eat some amazing food. A positive to Christmas is that we don’t have to go to school for a few weeks.

What do you do on Christmas day? On my Christmas day, my sister usually wakes me up then we wake our mom or dad up. Then, she takes a few pictures of us by our tree and then we open the presents. In the past years, I have gotten clothes, video games, movies, shoes, and a gun. Have you ever seen that really big present and then open it and come to find out it’s just another box inside another inside another and continuing until the box is the size of a stuffed animal? That happens to me a lot when we go to my aunt and uncles house by Plankinton, South Dakota. We have some good memories in their house!

During the fall and winter times, you start eating different foods :as in turkey, ham, green bean casserole, stuffing, lots and lots of bread etc. On Christmas Eve, after church, we come home and cook some sort of meat, vegetables, and usually make homemade bread in the bread maker. My favorite meal during the holidays is my mom’s famous lasagna. It takes a long time to prepare, but after it’s done and cooled off, that is a little piece of heaven right there. With the lasagna we have garlic bread, and sometimes corn.

And last, but not least, the Christmas break from school. The best time of the year, well that and summer break! When Christmas break is here I do lots of sleeping and messing around with the new things I got for Christmas and sometimes, if I’m lucky, I go snowmobiling. When we go snowmobiling we go out by my aunt and uncles but not on their land. When Christmas break is here, there are lots of things you could do but the thing I like about it the most is catching up on some needed sleep.

In this essay I told you what I do on Christmas day and what I like about the winter season. In conclusion on Christmas day I; open presents, on Christmas Eve; I go to church and then eat some of my mother’s amazing food, and the Christmas Break from school; I sleep in a lot and play lots of video games.