School Uniform | Teen Ink

School Uniform

Why do students feel that they have no choice in what they wear?

Students should not have to wear uniform to school. My first reason is, it takes away students freedom to be different. In addition, it makes students have low self- esteem and less willing to come to school. Finally, it takes away students pride in their school. School uniform takes away students freedom to be different. Furthermore, it makes students feel plain and feel the same as everyone else. Every student should be different in their own way, but school uniform takes away their freedom to do that. We don’t have a choice to be different and express ourselves if we have to wear uniform. This is why school uniform should not be worn. Also, it makes students have low self-esteem and less willing to come to school. Furthermore, because we have to wear uniform it makes us feel ugly and make us have low self-esteem and look down on ourselves. When I get dressed in the morning and look in the mirror at myself wearing uniform it makes me feel ugly and not cute because I look plain. Students don’t want to come to school because they can’t express themselves in color and wear what they want. To add, it takes away students pride in their school. The students don’t like their school and have less respect for it because of the uniform so they wouldn’t recommend their school to other people. My friend was thinking of coming to my school but I told her not too because she would have to wear uniform. Students feel forced to wear uniform therefore it takes away their pride and respect for their school. In conclusion, students should not have to wear uniform because of all the advantages it takes away from students. I recommend that you consider talking to our school district about taking away the uniform policy.

Thank You for your consideration,
Hevin

what inspired me was i have to wear uniform at my school and i feel that it is really unfair to students.