My Hands | Teen Ink

My Hands

By Rkitty12 BRONZE, Livingston, New Jersey
Rkitty12 BRONZE, Livingston, New Jersey

"Anything is possible"

It was one night in bed, that I was stroking my hand. I felt the texture of my swirly finger prints. I rubbed my nail in the grooves of my palm. I felt the tiny thin hairs, covering my pale hand’s skin. And I thought. I remised. I looked back on all the memories, my hands has been a part of. I realized that the pulse I noticed in my finger pad was the pulse that carries the stories of my life. I tugged the silky covers up closer to my chin, and I recalled the time when my hands defined a moment in my life.

It was a clear September day. The sun was casting its rays upon the trees, slowly changing the leave’s color to amber, and crimson, and gold. I opened the door to animal shelter, and stepped inside. I briefly spoke to the woman at the counter, and explained to her what I came to the shelter for. She led me into a room, and that was where I met Jett.

I stepped through a glass door and I rested my bottom on the single chair left for me. The walls of the small rectangular space were eggshell white, and the aroma in the air was that of a farm. My hand picked up the mouse left on the table, and gave it a shake. I felt a sensation of fur rustle between my fingers. I felt a cold and slimy nose graze across my knuckles. The feline was rolling on his back, while I rubbed his tummy with my palms. I heard a quick purr and a rattle of a bell on a mouse again. This is when I noticed the smile that appeared on my face. My eyes had come in contact with pure love. My heart had met joy. It was the start of a friendship, Jett and I.

It is near midnight that my eyes begin to close in bed, and so does the album of memories saved in my hands, that I pet Jett. His fur still feels like a baby bottom, freshly moisturized with lotion after a bath, and his nose is still wet, and cold like my skin after a day spent skiing on the slopes. My heart is even more filled with love, for it was my hands that I am stroking which led me to Jett. It was the attachment to my wrist that allows me to experience life, and experience times like these, where a life-long companion is made.

on Mar. 29 2012 at 8:35 pm
This is unbelivable. Great Job. I love to see that kids like you post their literuatre on the internet.

on Mar. 29 2012 at 8:32 pm
This is unbelivable. Great job. I love how teens express their literautre on websites. Its great. Rock On!!