Photoshop is Literally Magic | Teen Ink

Photoshop is Literally Magic

March 15, 2012
By Anonymous

Everything in this world is extremely boring. Most people walk outside and find the place they live boring as can be. They don’t see any beauty in normalcy. It’s a lot harder than it seems. Truth is, the world actually is kind of boring.

Now, just imagine if there was a world where you could do anything you wanted. Imagine, there is a place somewhere over the horizon where you can throw around rainbows, move things about like a wizard, even change peoples’ looks. That place may just be closer than you think.

There is a program, easily usable on any kind of computer, called Photoshop. Photoshop is a program, true. However, I prefer to think of it as magic instead. Photoshop is actually a lot like magic tricks. Most people see someone use Photoshop (or magic) and think, “Wow! I can’t do that.” Anyone who thinks that is losing something.
There is a lesson to be learned here. Sure, Photoshop might not be easy to use to a beginner, but I sure think it’s easy to use. I never took a graphic design class to learn how to use Photoshop. It’s a skill true, but I taught myself. If I can teach myself, I’m sure anyone can learn it with a teacher.

On top of this, people tend to believe that it’s a useless skill. I think the opposite, Photoshop is some of the best fun I have these days. Especially when you get fast at it, you can have fun very quickly. As a job opportunity, computers are becoming so big now. Just basic Photoshop knowledge opens a world of opportunities.
Overall, I believe that some people in my digital design class are a testament to the facts of this world. If just a few teachers and students would advocate knowledge for the sake of knowledge, the world would be a much better place. Not to mention a whole lot smarter.