Memories at Saint John's | Teen Ink

Memories at Saint John's

By Claudia123 BRONZE, Saint Paul, Minnesota
Claudia123 BRONZE, Saint Paul, Minnesota

If I could travel anywhere in the world I would travel to Saint John, US Virgin Island. I have been there three times. The first time was when I was three months old, the second time was when I was one and a half times and the last time was when I was in kindergarten. I love the sea, especially because it is warm, not freezing, like most oceans. Also, I love the warm sun that is always shining and the white sand that is so soft as I run it through my fingers. Whenever I would go there I would go with my parents, my grandparents, and my aunt and uncle. I have so many great memories from there. Some are easier to remember some are harder. I have two really good memories that I remember every detail and one not so good memory. One of my fond memories is that there were lizards everywhere, even in the house we stayed at. My grandma was brushing her teeth when a lizard just fell out of nowhere into the sink. I loved catching those lizards and playing with them.

The second memory is when my dad was picking up rocks and shells at the beach when he found a beautiful purple shiny one, he came over to show me when it bit him. He dropped it in the sand so I picked it up and said, “It’s just a hermit crab!” I do have one bad memory though. I was floating in the ocean when a huge wave came up and took me under. I must have fainted because when I woke up I was rolling on the bottom of the ocean floor! I could feel the sand around me so I stood up. I had water in my nose and I was scared, but otherwise, I was fine. I would like to go back to Saint John’s because I want to go and have more wonderful memories. Plus, I want to share them with my cousins and my brothers who haven’t been able to share the same memories.