My first Article | Teen Ink

My first Article

By missunderstood@04 BRONZE, Faridabad, Other
missunderstood@04 BRONZE, Faridabad, Other

So this is my first article. I have probably been sitting with the notepad open in front of me for the past one hour atleast. I just read about 5 different genre fictions and over 7 poems. Almost any topic that i can think of has already been covered like a million times before, by way better writers than me.
So instead of writing about something that people may not agree with or for that matter, find interesting enough after the fifth line, i decide to write about my first experience as an 'online-writer'.
All us writers (pardon me for calling myself one already) have surely had 'the-moment' when our writing abilities caught our notice. When i noticed them, lightening struck me. I had always been at the top of my english class. But being a writer never struck me until a friend of mine noticed that the 'random composing' that i had actually been doing were called 'poems'. Like real poems. And sisnce then, there has been no looking back.
Remember the first diary you made? How every single line you wrote, went into that. And a few days later, none of it seemed to make sense! Or that other time, when nothing you wrote was good enough to be put into it?
The first writing piece that made so much sense that it inspired you to write on of your own that very moment, even if you were dead tired?
The first time you showed your favourite article to your cousin aunt and told her not to tell anyone that you were writing?
When you submitted your first article on this website and the anxiety you had when it was being processed?
The hours that seemed like days when you thought your server was bad because the page still showed '0 comments'?
The disappointment when some random person you didn't even know said 'your writing didn't impress me'?
We've all had some of these, right?
The importnat point is... well, there's no 'lesson' that can be learnt from this, no important points either. Just a sweet time travel into the time that made us realise who we are. What we want to do. Who we are meant to be.
Something to keep us going. Forever.

missunderstood@04

Its not meant to display any writing abilities, just something a writer wishes other writers to never forget.

on Nov. 7 2016 at 9:51 am
gayatrielliot BRONZE, Delhi , Other

"The autumn leaves are a riot of color. They remind us of the good, colorful things, and their crunch beneath our shoes also bids adieu to all bad things that have long gone,"

Good. I can relate to this. You've psychologically researched this piece well.