The Pain Is Within

I hid my face behind my school books too ashamed to show myself. I heard echos of laughter streatching through the halls. I raced into my next class, Math. I heard tiny whispers. Too quiet to make them out. But I just knew. I had the feeling. T'was about me. I sloutched down onto my seat. The pain is within. After Math, I managed to make it to my next class, Civics. Classmates were pointing. What did I do to diserve this? A student was handing out papers. When she handed me mine, I grabbed it and accidentally touched her hand. That's when she said, "Eww, now I'm infected with her disease." I didn't have any sort of disease. I felt ashamed, but I didn't know why? The pain is within. At the end of school, I grabbed my bookbag and started walking my down the school hall, but as I was walking, sharp pointed pencils, little bits of eraser, and wadded up paper were being thrown at me. I just kept on walking by like nothing was happening to me. The pain is within.

Ender2 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:32 am
Lovely writing. I adore the style and tone. And trust me, you deserve so much better than those rotton classmates. Keep your head up, the pain on the inside doesn't last too long. Can't wait to read more of your work!

Ender2 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:33 am
*rotten. Whoops... embarrassing typo...