Odd One Out | Teen Ink

Odd One Out

By CreativeWriter86 PLATINUM, None, Louisiana
CreativeWriter86 PLATINUM, None, Louisiana

One day I will be who I wanna be, no one will tell ME what to do, it will be MY life that I will live for myself.

Okay before I can go on with this story I have to ask you a few questions.
So how many of you have had it hard with a friend or friendship?
How many of you feel like you don’t belong?
How many of you don’t fit in with a certain group?

Me, me, and me. Those are my answers. Many of you are probably laughing at your computer screen at a girl who doesn’t fit in. That’s okay. I am not the least bit ashamed of whom I really am. For the past two years I have been trying to figure out where I belong. I finally figured it out, right where I am. I like not fitting in with one particular group. I have a group all of my own. It’s not to “fit in”. Have you ever tried it? No, you say. Well look at it like this. Has there ever been a time when hot pink nail polish was in? Yes, sometime, somewhere. So everyone wears it. But you wear awesome blue nail polish. Being the odd one out. No I am not saying you are odd or don’t fit in. Only if you don’t want to fit in. I don’t want to fit in. I want to be the one girl out of 10 that hangs out with the boys; I want to be the one girl out of a million others that loves mud. I know that there are people all over the world like me, but I have my own style of being me. Okay so now that this story is almost over you are probably thinking, how stupid, you must not of gotten what it meant.
It means that being the odd one out isn’t always a bad thing. Being your own person, not following a group. Do you see what I am saying now? I hope so. If not I will run it by you one more time.

Being your own person, don’t be what someone else wants you to be just to impress them. Impress them by being yourself.