My Inspiration | Teen Ink

My Inspiration

February 14, 2012
By kenz12345678 BRONZE, Fort Dodge, Iowa
kenz12345678 BRONZE, Fort Dodge, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” This quote sums up one of my best friends. Green eyes, medium length brown hair, dark complexion, wonderful personality and a big beautiful smile. You can only find certain people with all of those things, I’m blessed to have Theresa in my life.

Theresa is eighteen years old and my inspiration. She is involved in Cross Country, Basketball, and Track and Field. She loves to be at the lake, soaking up the warm sun and hanging out with her family and friends who also love her dearly. She can walk into room and it seems like everyone is immediately happy. Theresa loves to eat at Wendys and sleeping is one of her many hobbies. She likes school, reading, and Facebooking in her free time.

On a Saturday, in December,a huge obstacle came about. Theresa got hurt at a basketball game. Immediately after the game she went to the hospital to find out what was wrong. It appeared she would only have to be on crutches for two weeks and then have a boot. Everyone was in relief that it was Christmas break, so she really wasn't missing out on showcasing her Gael Pride. Not long after, they found out a serious matter, her ACL was torn. This would mean she would be out for the rest of the sporting activities within her high school career. Everyone was in disbelief, but we all know she’ll play wonderfully at College next year.

Thursday, February 9th 2012 Theresa gave us hope and happiness in the world. She held back the pain, and played for a few scattered minutes in the basketball game. After she swished a three-pointer, the whole crowd stood and cheered. It was a very proud moment for her and her supporters.

In my middle school years, I lost a very close family member due to lack of communication, my father. I have never really had a relationship with him since then, even though he lives in the same town and we see each other from time to time at the mall, or the grocery store. Its hard sometimes not having him here with us but we know some people can’t live forever in our presence, but always in our hearts.

Having Theresa as a close friend, and witnessing her upbeat attitude on life, it makes you appreciate everything. She had one of the biggest disappointments happen this year and she did not give up. She always saw the bigger, brighter picture, and knew that faith would keep her strong. I’m grateful for everything she has taught me and she is a wonderful role model who has gotten me through so many hard times, and bad choices. She always gives me strength and tries to answer my ‘Why?” questions concerning life. My life would definitely be different if she wasn't apart of me.