My Best Mistake | Teen Ink

My Best Mistake

My best mistake happens to be a series of “goof ups,” and they all occurred during the week of fall break my sophomore year. These mistakes actually helped me win my boyfriend’s heart so I’m quite grateful for my carelessness and awkward demeanor. The first mistake I made was skipping school. The same day I didn’t attend school I began to text Joey, but unfortunately I was caught and wasn’t able to talk to him for some time. Eventually I did get my phone back, but I was too embarrassed to text him because by then he knew what had happened and I felt really dumb, also I thought he might have been under the impression I just didn’t want to talk. However, to my surprise I had quite a few messages from him when I checked my phone which excited me so much. So I replied and that was the beginning of our friendship. A few days later we had made plans to hang out, and I don’t know why but the whole time we were hanging I hardly spoke and acted really strange. The whole thing was a huge disaster in my mind, but according to Joey my behavior was incredibly cute. Later he took me home, and in my attempt to get out of his vehicle I got tangled up in the seatbelt and then hit my head on the door… I was terribly embarrassed. The rest of that week consisted of silly things of that nature and uncomfortable moments. I don’t regret being clumsy and acting odd because if I hadn’t then maybe things wouldn’t have gone the way they did, maybe we wouldn’t be together.