Letting Go. | Teen Ink

Letting Go.

By highsandlows BRONZE, Escondido, California
highsandlows BRONZE, Escondido, California

To love and to be loved are far too different.

There will always be that one person who you will always care about. Who you will always love no matter what they do. They get in trouble, you have their back. School problems, you are there. Boyfriends crush their heart, and you are there to pick up the pieces.

It's drama, drama, drama. But you don't care because you love them. Or so you think you do. There comes a point where you can't take anymore of the drama. It's something new everyday. Texts at 2 in the morning saying, "I don't know what to do!"

It's like being caught between a rock and a hard place. You have no idea what to do. You love them so much, you just can't imagine life without them. But they never ask you, "How was your day?" or, "What's up?"

They walk through the door for 3 seconds and without even saying hi, they start to talk about more non-important drama. You give them your best advice and hope you cant just forget it ever happened. But you can't. It's all you think about 24/7 wondering, what's next?

But you can't ignore the signs, you need to do something. Talk to them. I know it sounds hard to tell your friend to stop stressing and take a chill pill. But it honestly works out. Even if it doesn't, you wouldn't need them anyways. Because someone like that doesn't DESERVE to be in your life.

But let me take you by the hand and guide through the maze we call life. After all the twists and turns, everything will be OK.

My life experience! :)