Mean Girls

When I remember, what the mean girls say about me, I feel my stomach doing somersaults. But then I remember that gossipers, are the dumb ones. Not me. They are dumb enough to forget there is a world around them that can unfortunately hear every hurtful word they say about us. They forget that some kids can’t buy the flashy clothes they can. Some of us are on a budget. When they see a fellow mean friend picking on another, they forget to think how it is to be in there shoes. In their clothes. In their world. They have no experience in our world. Instead when they are a witness to a bully, they join in. They lose sight of what is human. Those girls usually lose their common sense the day they make friends with the rest of the mean. The day they stop eating to fit in with the other boney girls surrounding them. They are so self absorbed they forget there are others in the hallway, when they are singing loudly. When they bump into a “lower social status person” they ignore, we are invisible, not to be seen by the popular, it is practically a written law not to talk to us. But when they bump into a “equal or higher social status person” they are very apologetic. I don’t understand this at all. Maybe that’s why they would never let me in. Today iv’e realized that i’d rather be around people who’s company I enjoy, not envy. I don’t care if my friends have acne and don’t wear makeup to cover it all. I don’t care if my friends don’t wear designer brands everyday. We are who we are, and our social status should never change that.

fireandrainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You're from Wayland too! Are you at WMS WHS or college?

AGREED said...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 8:43 pm:
Your article is amazing. You have such a strong voice in your writing. At my school, I have girls like this. Somedays it's tough, but this artlicle showed me that ther are more girls like me who exist and know what I have to face everyday. THIS IS AMAZING!!!

babysteps replied...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 2:40 pm :
thank you!!!