Sweet Michoacan | Teen Ink

Sweet Michoacan

By MariaGaytan BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois
MariaGaytan BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois

Natural fruits, sweet taste, ice cream that one can never get tired of, La Michoacana is the place that everyone should go. All the ice cream there is full of natural flavors, it’s all-handmade and it tastes just like the original one in Mexico. La Michoacána name comes from Michoacán it’s a state in Mexico. What makes it more special for my family and I to go there is that we are from a small city in Michoacán. So it reminds them of the family traditions they used to have in Mexico and the flavors and smells in that ice cream shop as well reminds them of their childhood. So my parents have somewhat of a connection to why they love this ice cream shop so much. La Michoacana is located on the busy streets of Chicago city; it’s around a middle class environment. My family and I go there once or twice a month for family fun. When one first walks in we notice a lot of Mexican/ Hispanic people, all with their families. It’s also hard to miss the murals and picture frames they have of famous actors that are from Michoacán. The atmosphere is fun and entertaining, they have very nice service, it’s nice too see all the family gathered laughing and talking and just having a great time. They have long tables with plenty of seats for the whole family. They have over 24 flavors of ice cream each and every one is very delicious, but my top favorite is natural strawberry ice cream. Its full of flavor, and you get that natural taste in your mouth unlike the other ice cream shops, all you can taste is sweet sugar. I just love it because it has that homemade flavor that many of us like in our foods and deserts. It tastes like an actual strawberry just with a hint of sugar. It’s just delicious and so hard to describe its incredible flavor. Since La Michaocana is mostly about deserts one always has to leave room for some, usually my family and I always go somewhere else to eat and then go there for some delicious, traditional desert. So if your not afraid to try something new and traditional and some delicious ice cream go to La Michoacana.