Lemons and Ice

her gut punching voice as familiar as the well worn curves of old jeans, warm as that six a.m. stretch lying in your bed that creases to your body, when u know that the the whole day is before you and the world is in your lap. 
the guitar that picks u up and swings u around as if your a child hanging onto the warm spring riddled air full of something good to come, the breeze that smells like lilacs and earth, that's what it feels like. and those lyrics. those words practically ripping at my heart and dribbling ice and lemons into my stomach one at a time. those lyrics that literally brought hope and duct tape to my broken wings. this song.. this song that carried me to and from a hospital, gently shoved me into friends worried arms, this song that has sent me into god knows how many pain infused nights. memories, sharp like breath, that's what this song is. this song is oxygen.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very good! Kept me interested. You're very talented! Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! It would mean a lot:) Thanks!