The Life Changing Kneel | Teen Ink

The Life Changing Kneel

By Jonathan Pozzi BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
Jonathan Pozzi BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts

It’s crazy to think how a man that you are so close to that you call him an uncle, might one day become your step dad. It was Christmas Morning we all had huge smiles on our faces. The dad of our life time best friends called us into the bedroom. My mom was down stairs switching the laundry. Our best friends Zach and Megan, their dad Scott, my sister and I were in the room with the door closed. We kids hoped on the bed waiting for what was so exciting. Scott reached for a small box in his safe, and all of our faced lit up. He then told us “I want to marry your mom”. We all started screaming under our breath, as we were waiting for this moment for years.

We skipped out of the bedroom trying to contain ourselves. Scott planned a scavenger hunt to give my mom the news. We ran around the house with our mom as she found mind boggling clues. The last clue card brought us all to Scott. All five of us kneeled on one knee and asked my mom to marry Scott. My mom cried with the biggest smile on her face I have ever seen. It seemed like years until my mom uttered the word “yes”. We all jumped up and celebrated. I knew from that second on that my life would be enhanced with a priceless gift of amazing people. When we are all at my mom’s house we all have unforgettable memories as a beautiful family.