The Black Friday Danger 2011 | Teen Ink

The Black Friday Danger 2011

By Hugz_you123 BRONZE, Lakewood, Colorado
Hugz_you123 BRONZE, Lakewood, Colorado

As the prices go down, the violence goes up, and the Black Friday danger begins. Many people were injured during this event, and some even died by getting trampled by rushing people. As the night went on, the stock was going down, making people very anxious to get what they want and be gone; they shoved and nudge their way through the store to get to whatever is last in stock as if it was the end of the world. The last X-box Kinect was the worst story I’ve heard so far. This lady apparently really needed a X-box to cheat her way through by pepper spraying the floor to get there. Many people were choking because of the pepper in the air. A lot of people are allergic to pepper spray and others get intoxicated because the oxygen was replaced by the pepper spray. No one saw it coming, even 9news had some thing to say “The scene inside a Los Angeles-area, Walmart store early on Black Friday was hectic!!!” (NBC universal, 2011). Come on guys, really? The lady that pepper sprayed didn’t even face felony charges, I mean whats up with that? I get that this only happens once a year, and all the prices are affordable for some people. The only thing that doesn’t make sense is, why it isn’t controlled?