9/11 Happened To Us Too... | Teen Ink

9/11 Happened To Us Too...

By lukastamonis BRONZE, Lemont, Illinois
lukastamonis BRONZE, Lemont, Illinois

I don’t remember much of 9/11, but I do remember the stories. I was five years at the time and I wasn’t even in the country, I later came when I was seven years old. I am from Lithuania so is the rest of my family. My mom was the first one from my family to come to America. She came to America on 9/9/01. She only told me the story when I was old enough to understand. It was about the time of fifth grade when we were learning about 9/11 is when she told me what she remembered.

She came to days two days before 9/11. She was very lucky that she came earlier, and that she wasn’t on any flights. She was at her friend’s house when everything started to happen. It was on the TV and at first she thought it was a TV show or a movie, until her friend walked in the room and shrieked. She then understood that is was real. She was terrified and didn’t know what to do. All they could do was sit there and watch. I was happy that she was ok and everything was ok there.

Many families lost members that day. Nothing like this has ever happened in America that’s why it shook it so hard. This was the first organized terrorist attack. This event has changed America greatly, in hope that nothing like this will ever happen ever again. Today u can’t even bring a bottle of water on to the plane that’s how everything is precaution today. The leader of al-Qaida has been killed recently, but a lot of people think it will just bring another attack or war. I am one of them. Hopefully after 9/11 we are prepared to stop anything.