inspiration | Teen Ink

inspiration

By gracemarehart BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
gracemarehart BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas

Anger is a controversial emotion. For some it creates tears, others an unspeakable rage unleashed by yelling or violence, for me it is inspiration. When I get angry I become inspired to write, read or sometimes, argue. But, writing is my greatest release for anger. I can write about anything that makes me angry. Anything that sparks my anger makes my creative juices flow out of my fingers.

When I have to write essays for school, I connect the topic to something that has angered me in the past or relate it to a story and it usually gives me enough ideas to get my paper started and keep it going. Anger is a very passionate emotion. The best things I have ever written are about things I am very passionate about. Passion is the key to every great story, fiction or non-fiction.

When I sit down to write, I need some kind of fuel to get my mind going. I have to make some kind of connection to something that has affected me so I have something to go by. Then, I can keep writing until I finish my paper and not have to take one break. I simply can’t write papers that don’t have a topic that I’m passionate about.

I love writing, but it can be very hard to do with writer’s block. You just have to engage your emotions in the writing you are doing to get the best ideas, which is what I do. Every time I’m angry with my parents or friends the best arguments always come to me. Anger is the gateway to profound thoughts.