Being Size 12

Just the other day, I walked into this boutique, Coco. Shiny racks displayed stain dresses, and glittering jewelry. All I wanted was one simple dress, knee length. No embellishments, just a clean dress, preferably in red. The sales attendant looked at me, and you know, gave me one of THOSE looks. The you-don’t-belong-here looks. I got my dress. In another boutique, Kink.
I wore that dress with pride, it was my first dress. But the looks I got from people, they weren’t that encouraging. The fact that I couldn’t wear the dress without any inhibitions seemed to bother me.
That night, I stood in front of the mirror and gave my body a long, hard look. I slipped off my pyjamas, and took off my t-shirt. I wrapped a towel around me, and flipped on the light switch. I let the towel slip inch by inch. Slowly looking at every curve of my body, carefully, tenderly. I saw the contrast between my dark hair and my fair shoulders, the curve of my neck, the scars on my knees. I added new word to my vocabulary, voluptuous, curvy, full. I let go of my inhibitions and fright, and looked at my body, and I thought to myself, ‘damn! I am beautiful!’
Love yourself. That’s the best gift anyone could ever receive.

VAga:) said...
Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:38 am
It's real good. Too beautiful.

drishm replied...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 9:33 am
thankyou!!! :D