My Little Brother's Story | Teen Ink

My Little Brother's Story

On May second at 6 in the morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm buzzing. Today is the day my little brother was going to be born. I was so excited! I couldn’t wait. We left the house at 6:30 to go to the hospital. Once we arrived at the hospital at 6:30 the nurses got my mom all settled in and set up the monitors. Hearing my little brother’s heart beat all day was exciting. At about 7, I texted my friends and let them know we were all settled in and we just had to wait now. Growing more and more excited by the minute I texted my nana at around 8 and told her she could come at any time now. She showed up at around 10 and we all couldn’t wait to see him.

At 3 I was growing really impatient. I had waited 9 months to see him and I did not want to wait any longer. Finally the nurses came in and gave my mom medicine to speed up the process. An hour later my nana and I started to get really hungry, so we were going to go down to Subway to get something to eat. Right before we left my mom asked for an epidural which is a numbing medicine that goes into your spine so when you have contractions it doesn’t hurt as bad. UnfortuNately my nana and I had to leave the room while they did it, so we went to go get our food. When we got back they still were not done. It was taking forever. I was starting to wonder if something had gone wrong. Finally they let us come back into the room.

Through the hours she was progressing so it wouldn’t be long till my little brother was going to come. At 8:30 the nurses said it was time so they went to get everything ready. Once the doctor arrived there it was time! I was super excited. They told me to hold her leg and help count. It was really cool. 10 minutes later he was here! He was the cutest most adorable thing I had ever seen. I was so happy I cried. I finally had a little brother! He was 7 pounds 6 ounces. He was 21 1/2inches long. The first time I got to hold him I was scared because he was so small. But it was the best feeling to have him in my arms knowing that he had so many people that loved him! I never wanted to let go.At around midnight my nana and I went home and we went back to the hospital the next morning at 8. Oliver is 7 months old now, and he is the best little brother anyone could ask for. I love him so much and I can’t wait to watch him grow up! Oliver is the best thing that has happened in my life. He has changed me in the sense of, I make better decisions and when I do anything I think of how he would look up to me and what he would want me to do. I want him to see me as a role model so that’s why I make better decisions. I love you Oliver so much and I always will.

What inspired me to write this piece was my little brother. I love him so much and thought it would be really cool if i wrote a whole story all about him/