Family Vacation | Teen Ink

Family Vacation

By TristanCook222 BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
TristanCook222 BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts

I was awakened by the sound of birds chirping and a stream of light being shone on my face. “Time to get up”, my dad said. I did not want to get out of bed. He let me sleep for about another five minutes before he threw the covers off my bed exposing me to the coldness of the room. Although it was about eighty degrees outside, it was freezing inside the hotel room. My dad had set the temperature to a chilling sixty degrees. It took me a few moments to roll out of bed but I managed to get into the shower. After I was out of the shower I was still half asleep and it was a challenge just to get dressed. When I thought I had enough swagger I left the hotel room to explore. I didn’t know where I was going so I ended up walking for an hour and just circling the entire hotel. After that tiring walk around the hotel I returned to the room to see what my dad was doing. He had just finished getting ready to go out for the day. My mother and two brothers were also awake and just about ready. Today we were going to visit one of the many parks of Disney World. As a family we all left the hotel room to make it in time for our breakfast reservations. My mother and father ordered one of the specials but my brothers and I stuck to the basics: eggs and bacon. Me and my brothers usually order the same thing, no matter what the meal. After we all were finished we took the monorail and headed over to one of the parks. We all had a blast riding all the different rides and experiencing different things. It was all very tiring. By the time we got back to the hotel room it was about 9:30 but we all just wanted to change into our pajamas and go to bed. I know I did. Although my legs hurt from all that walking I had a great time with my family earlier that day. And I couldn't wait for it to continue for the rest of the week.

I was inspired to write this piece because I wanted to show kids and families how much fun you can have on vacation.