The Split | Teen Ink

The Split

By LittleEllie33 SILVER, Burlington, North Carolina
LittleEllie33 SILVER, Burlington, North Carolina

Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game
-Babe Ruth

It happens when you least expect it. You knew it was coming. But you never knew it would be this bad. It feels like it drags on and on forever and suddenly it leads up to the split-all you know is that when it's finally over it happens in the blink of an eye leaving you breathless.

He comes home at midnight and starts packing, banging and slamming stuff around. He fills up his bags with everything that's his. Her parents start arguing and she wonders if there is anything that she can do to make them stop. She walks out to them. He's standing there in the doorway with one hand on the doorknob and the other holding his bags. He looks at her with eyes filled with sadness. The tears building up in her eyes, making her vision blurry. They all stand there in the silence looking at each other. He finally turns around and walks out the door shutting it behind him. She runs to the door and opens it again. Watching him get in his truck and back out the driveway. She lost control and started sobbing quietly. The only thoughts that cross her mind are,'Why is this happening? Why did he say and do what he did?' She could hear her heart breaking and crumbling into a million pieces. Will anyone be able to ever fix and mend her broken heart?

KayK said...
I'm so sorry you're having to go through this - I wish you didn't have to. You express yourself very well and they say God doesn't give us more than we are able to handle. You must be a strong person!