Miles of Car Rides | Teen Ink

Miles of Car Rides

November 26, 2011
By christine18 BRONZE, Chandler, Arizona
christine18 BRONZE, Chandler, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Life is a car ride. It races forward, slows down and cruises on autopilot. It can stop to look at scenery or to witness an accident and accelerate to pass another car or to take first place. It changes pace according to traffic yet inside the personality does not change. Inside, I am the heart of the car, dictating its direction and purpose of the ride. My life seems to be a constant ride from one stop to the next, dropping others off but not me. Although I enjoy long car rides for the excitement of a new destination, I appreciate the short rides because of their sincerity. Just like life, interaction with people can dictate moods within a car. Days of driving with my sister are typically exciting and adventurous but rides in solitude are reflective and relaxing. Driving my car reminds me that I have control and make my own decisions. But it is a good feeling to know the blurring trees and white lines are there to guide me to my future, rooted and permanent in their influence, standing strong through blinding storms and unexpected stops.