The Saving Goal! | Teen Ink

The Saving Goal!

November 28, 2011
By COOLCAT123 BRONZE, Ambler, Pennsylvania
COOLCAT123 BRONZE, Ambler, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

My heart was racing, as I was moving up the field. I could see my coach out of the corner of my eye looking very tense. I could hear my heart beating through my chest. I knew that this was my chance to get the ball in the net, since the girl on me wasn’t paying very much attention. The Ref called the play a corner kick. All of the players on my team lined up for the kick. I got the far post because I knew that is where my friend usually aims the ball. The Ref blew the whistle which meant my friend was eligible to start the play.
“Lindsey, get the post! Gwyn get the far side of the net!” screamed coach Jen of the 7th grade KV girls soccer.
I quickly hustled and bustled up the field to the far post of the net. I moved about four steps behind the goalie where she couldn’t see me. About five short seconds later the ball was in slow motion coming towards me!!!!! I knew what I had to do.
I boomed my head forward right on the ball.
SWOOOOOOOOSH!

All I heard were people screaming in excitemen. I GOT THE GOAL WITH MY HEAD!

Five seconds later the referee blew the whistle and the game was over. I couldn’t believe I got a goal in the last ten
seconds of the game. I saved us from losing! My friend Brady jumped on top of me excitedly along with every other girl on our team!
“YEAAAH LINDSEY! WOOOHOOO!”
I was still in total shock that I tied the game and saved us from losing!
“Thanks everyone!” I screamed.

What a game…

This moment improved me as a person by building up my self confidence. It really showed me that if I work hard for something, I can achieve it!