Mother's Eyes

She was a very pretty woman, She is tall and dark, her eyes are a brownish green color. her eyes, wow, that's something I haven't seen a while. This woman I am speaking of is my mother, Theresa Joline. I haven't seen my mother in several years, last time I saw her, she was no longer small and dainty like she used to be, she had gotten big with muscle. Where she is, she has nothing better to do, so she works out, alot. I'm sure mothers eyes have never changed.

My mother's eyes never quite calmed down. Her eyes never had a rest. Now, when I look back on the times I had with her, I realize there was always something a little off in her smile. My mother always had a tint of fear or sadness, or maybe even guilt in her eyes. Now, I know why.
My mother is a criminal. If you asked my dad, she abandoned my sister and I. In someways, I agree. She knew what she was doing, and she had to know she would eventually get caught, so why do it?

My mother is in prison for committing arson. Why she did it, I'll never know. I've heard many different stories. One that really sticks with me is she was mad at my dad. Someone told me once that she was jealous of my sister and I because my dad was giving us more attention than her. According to this theory, she thought that i she got rid of us my dad would give her more attention. Honestly, I don't know what the truth is, I doubt she knows, but there is one thing I do know, I will never, ever grow up to be like her.

Most girls look up to their moms, me? Not so much. All she has done is cause me pain and I do not want to be like that. Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like to have both parents at home, to have a normal life. But, I've come to realize normal will happen for me. Imagine this for me. Imagine being a thirteen-year-old girl with an eleven year old sister living with a single dad who owns his own welding shop. In reality, I wouldn't choose a different life if I had a chance, but I still wonder sometimes.

My mother is not someone I want to be like, but she does give me an example of what not to be, most mothers want to be a good example for their children, my mother threw that out the window. She must sleep in the bed she made. I'm sure my mothers eyes are full of sorrow now.

Wonderment said...
I like the fact that this is honest. Just plain simple honsety

matador replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 5:36 pm :
there are already too many lies in this world. the least one can do is write an honest essay. but thanks.

baNANnan said...
Really like this. Sad, but really well written. :)

matador replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 5:35 pm :

thanks. and yeah..it kinda is..

Donahue8 said...
this is sad :/

matador replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 5:48 pm :
yeah, it's reality..

Christina11 said...
 I love this... beautiful work here... 

matador replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm :
thanks!! :)

sunshine7223 replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 3:16 pm :
I enjoyed this one also. :) But hey, on the bright side, "Normal", is not a good thing, at least not in my opinion. The struggles we face make us stronger and much more wise. Without struggles, we wouldn't learn a thing about what life is truly about. So in a way, you should be thankful for your mother and father's actions. Although you wish things were different, and although you would give anything to have a "family", hold onto the experiences of not having a family. When you are older, you wi... (more »)

matador replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 3:20 pm :
thanks! :) 
and yes, i thank my mother for making me who i am, even though she has no knowledge of doing so. i'll never ad mit to her what she did for me either.