My Personal Narrative | Teen Ink

My Personal Narrative

By marygracev BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey
marygracev BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey

“Ahhh!” The loud screams of the ride scared me.

“Mommy?” I squeaked, “Look, that ride is very scary.”

“Then how about we don’t go on that one, sound good?” I nodded as she grabbed my hand. Woah. I thought. Thats amazing, how pretty. I saw cotton candy. So amazed, I let go of her hand, and went over the we pink fluff.

“Hey MG!”

“Hmm?” I turned to see who called my name and found it was Mr. Smith. His big, rough hand grabbed my tiny, smooth hand, and his son, Ryan made sure stayed in sight. Mommy was worried when I came back, but Mr. Smith calmed her down.

“Nice to see you Grace, and Mary Grace.” Mr. Smith and Ryan took off. They turned back as Mr. Smith remembered something.

“Don’t you like roller coasters?” He pointed to me.

“Yeah i guess so.” He pointed to the scary ride and I shook my head. “I don’t think so. Nope not this one.”

“Why not this one?” He squatted down so he could see me better.

“It’s way to scary. I do like roller coasters though.” I thought I was so smart.

“I’ll to you a secret.” he came closer, “It’s better than Space Mountain.”

It couldn’t be. No. Space Mountain is the best roller coaster ever! The scary ride couldn’t be better. Could it? I had to find out so, I went to the entrance determined to find the answer.

“How old are you?” The worker for the ride asked me with no expression what so ever.

“6” I replied with confidence.

“Your clear to go on.” he said again with no expression.

We waited and waited and waited. Ugh. So long. I thought. I was shaking and jumping nervously. Can I please just get this over with! We were next in line. So close. Was I really doing this? Going on the scary ride? Yup. I was.

“Welcome to Tower of Terror!” The speaker said. We entered the ride. It seemed to be and elevator, but huge and it had seats. We strapped in and listen to the speaker talk about safety, I think. Then we slowly went forward, listening to a creepy voice talk about nothing. Boring. Yawn. We stopped.

“Uh, was that it?”

The ride then went blazing fast upward and made a jerk down making my stomach drop every time. I heard screams of people, I saw the head in front of me jerk up and down, tasted my hot dog almost coming up, but it was exhilarating! I didn’t want it to stop! We stopped. Slowly going down, I saw my mom. She wasn’t taking it to well, but she ended up fine.

“Pleas exit on your left.” the speaker spoke again. “Please exit on your left.” It repeated. “Please exit on your left.”

“Okay i get it! Exit on your left!” I yelled at the speaker.

My mom shushed me and I walked out quietly until we were outside again.

“OH MY GOSH!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. “Best ride ever!” Mr. Smith, my mom and Ryan laughed, as I danced around. I was so happy that I did that, my mom never herd the end of it.