BEAUTY IS EVERYWHERE | Teen Ink

BEAUTY IS EVERYWHERE

November 7, 2011
By Anonymous

Man, last night I saw something that had just blew my mind away. There were so many different colors like orange, red, pink, and yellow. It had almost created a rainbow of colors as the sun was setting. It was one of the coolest sunsets I had seen in a while. I was sitting right down at Boulevard Park lying in the grass. To me it had seemed outstanding. It was like I was being hypnotized into it. After it had set, I started thinking to myself about how beautiful it was when I got home. I was wondering if I would ever see something like that in my life again.

The next day as I was sitting in Starbucks this car had pulled up and it was the weirdest thing. An old beat up Honda had pulled up that had been covered in art. It was covered in many colors like orange, pink, red. It was one huge painting on someone’s car. It had reminded me of the night before looking at the sunset. Seeing all of the red, orange, yellow, and pink mixed together with the sun. The old Honda sure looked like it had gone through a lot. It was all beat up and one window had been smashed in, it was covered up by a black plastic bag. From my guess the person sure didn’t care what his car looked like. But art must be such a big passion to him that he painted a crappy car. I thought that was pretty cool. Someone expressing their art skills on their own car!

But that next day wasn’t a pretty sight. I had gone up to Mt. Baker and saw something that looked like a guy buried face first in the snow struggling to get out. From the distance I was at on the chair lift it looked like his leg was twisted so badly it could be broke. I couldn’t do anything about it since I was on the chairlift and he had been so far out. If it wasn’t for his bright neon colors he was wearing I wouldn’t have noticed him. He was wearing a bright yellow and green jacket with neon orange pants. When I got off that chairlift I immediately snowboarded over to the ski patrol booth and told them about what I saw. They came rushing out of the booth like an airplane taking off. They zoomed over toward the bright neon person. After that day I had thought about my colors and knew if I got into that situation no one would see me from my dark rusty old colors. I knew that if i wanted to do the stuff I do on a snowboard that I probably should buy myself a bright jacket and pants.


Sometimes I will eat skittles. There not my favorite candy but I will eat them when I’m in the mood. Whenever I eat them I think of eating a rainbow. They are all different colors red, orange, pink, green, yellow, and purple. They even have a commercial that talks about rainbows. Skittles are like boom right in your face man. Out of all the candies in the store the skittle package just pops out right in your face. It’s so bright almost too bright that when you pick it up it almost blinds you. The package is bright neon green that says skittles in many different colors then there is a rainbow in the background. It sure does boom in my face. Anyone who loves colorfulness will buy skittles.


The author's comments:
My teacher had inspired me to write this piece about all of the beauty that I see sometimes on a daily basis.