Goodbye ED! | Teen Ink

Goodbye ED!

October 25, 2011
By Anonymous

It was January 6, 2011. This was the day i knew was coming for a long time, just didn't want to accept it. It was about twelve days after Christmas and the last thing I wanted to do was leave my family and friends, but I knew I had to do what was best for me. So on January 6, 2011 I left to go to the Iowa City hospital for treatment for anorexia. It was probably the worst, but most eye-opening experience I will ever have in my life. I met so many different. Even though I wasn't supposed to stay in contact with people after being there or give out personal information I did, but only to the people who I really connected with and trusted. Being there for three and half months really changed me as a person. I heard a lot of different life experiences from different people and it really made me think that a lot of people out there have it a lot worse than I do! Yes, I almost died from anorexia according to the doctors, but I prayed to God for help and got myself back on the road to recovery. I am stronger and healthier than ever and feel great. I will do anything to keep myself from going back down that road again, because that is not a road you want to be on. You feel like your suffocating and don't have any control over anything. The only thing I felt was the eating disorder weighing me down day by day and making me sicker and sicker.