Depression | Teen Ink

Depression

October 25, 2011
By Christine7 BRONZE, Urbandale, Iowa
Christine7 BRONZE, Urbandale, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
" God only test the ones who he knows can get through it"


Depression, I think depression is in everything. Every story, every book, ever life, but it doesn't always show. For many people, they try and hide behind other things are very successful, because nobody know they are actually feeling that way until something happens. Then, the people start to feel guilty for not paying more attention.

In the book that I am reading right now, there is a girl named Auden and basically her whole life she has been using other things to distract herself from her depression. She stays up every night till about five in the morning, doesn't really allow herself to have friends, and uses her job to keep her away from her other problems, I feel like she is running away from her problems than facing them, but in a way, she doesn't have anybody to talk to them about. When you have a problem or are feeling down, you really need people to talk to, but Auden doesn't have that.

Being in Auden's position and not having anybody to talk to is unimaginable. Its like walking across gravel without any shoes on; it's painful. I have never been in Auden's position before, I have always had people there for me. I don't understand how people can go through this world with nobody to talk or nobody to complain to; it sounds horrific. It reminds me of death, because everything is silent to those who are dead.

Having depression and not learning to cope with it, is no way to live life. Depression is nothing to be ashamed of, its just a part of life. Life is a gift that should not be wasted, but people don't always see life that way. Just know, as time goes on you will heal.

The author's comments:
Sara Dessen