Migraine: A Chronic Reminder

Have you ever seen the commercial for Excedrin Migraine? There’s one line in that commercial that sticks with me, “If you know migraines. You know pain.” Never have I heard a more true statement then that. I’ve been suffering from migraines for 3 years now. What I wouldn’t give to have a normal headache once in a while.
I’ve always had a very low threshold for pain, so when my migraines first started to appear my mom just figured they were just bad headaches. Sadly they weren’t. Tylenol and Ibuprofen wouldn’t ease my pain, so I had to go to the doctor and see what he thought. He told me to try the over the counter drug Excedrin. I soon found relief in those white capsules, but the relief didn’t last long. My migraines started to get more intense, and they didn’t seem to work anymore.
A year later my doctor finally prescribes me some real medication. And to my surprise they work-most of the time. They come with side affects though. Along with the pain my migraines cause, I also get very nauseas and dizzy, my new meds make my dizziness worse. It seems like fighting with my migraines is just makes things worse. If you get migraines, you know what I’m talking about. If it’s not one thing, it’s another.
As a migraine sufferer, I would never want anyone to have a migraine. Not even once. I know how excruciating the pain is, and I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Honor said...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 6:07 am
I got migranes when I was little (like 5-10 or something like that) but I just went to bed and had some Tylonol...it worked most of the time.