I can't take it anymore

It's hard to live in a place you hate, with people you can't stand, and not being able to be the person you want to be. It's harder to not be able to see the people you love. To be taken away from them and to hear the ones you hate slander their names. But to be taken from your family by another blood relative, that is a wound that can never heal. The pain just keeps getting worse, some days it's unbearable, but others you just go numb and don't know how to feel about anything. I can never tell which is worse though.

When I'm away from home, I mask the pain, bury it in the depths of my subconscious and pray it stays there until I'm alone. No one see's me broken, not because they don't care, but because I could never bare it if anyone ever did.

I think I'd be able to put up with all of this if I still had my best friend. Sure I still see her, but it's different. She's changed, and so have I. We're still friends, and always will be I'm sure, but we walk our separate roads. We never were alike. And I don't know how we became best friends in the first place, but even if we're to end up in different places, I'd always be there if she needed me, because you can't let a friendship like the one we had just fade away.

DanielM said...
Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:43 am
I really liked this story. I liked your title. I also liked your message. Your really good at describing. Suggestion I would make this longer because this like had a quick endings and I wanted to know what happen. Great job though

Myletas_Tears said...
Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:00 am
Hey babe :) i read this because you asked me to and because i wanted to. I hope you get to see my work soon. Bye :)

wordjunkie said...
This is really sad, but beautiful. I'd like to know more of what happened though.

DifferentTeen said...
This sounds like it would be a really good opening to a longer piece. Its a little choppy though, and more details would be nice.. But, I think I enjoy it more when people get to the gist of things rather than beating around the bush. This piece has a great meaning to it, very deep! Great job, keep writing!! (:

CarrieAnn13 said...
Excellent work!  I'm sorry this happened to you.  As Karina said, a little more detail would be nice.  But then again, there's always room to improve.  Keep writing! :)

KarinaDavidyuk said...
I really like the depth of this article. It's very nice. The only thing I would say is for you to add more detail. Maybe including some things your best friend may feel towards you. Do you think she feels the same way you do. About being different/opposite? But otherwise excellent work :)

careless-whisper replied...
ok thanks for the feedback :)

MercyChristine said...
Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:15 am
This is so honest - love it.  I totally get where you're coming from with your friend.  As we grow up, our friends change.  It's almost harder to be around them when they change because you still remember when you were the same...

PrincessBubblegum said...

I like emotion that was put into this. It's so good. I feel where you're coming from.

sunshine7223 replied...
This is so very good. (: I really enjoyed reading this piece. Well done.

Resonating_Words said...

I love the honesty in this. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to be that honest -- not only with the audience, but with myself.  

I want to say I relate, and I do, but at the same time I'm not claiming to know the burden your expressing.

Very well written -- simple, easy, and something I'll read again

billgamesh11 said...
Wow, this must be hard for you, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be able to take it anymore either! And Good Job on putting your feelings to words!!! I can really feel what you are feeling!!! Good Job and Keep Writing to keep the pain at a minimum!!! :):):);)

LivingMYLife said...
really good. I like the feelings and the personal experience of the poem. It's not something so normal that its boring and its not something that no one could relate to. overall its pretty awesome. :)

Akane-Ree said...
Wow. This is incredibly powerful. And a personal experiance? O.O it's very well written. I especially liked that last paragraph, because i can relate to it entirely. 

careless-whisper replied...

ya personal experience that im still going thru and it really sucks

but writing about it helps i guess

Selah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 11:15 am

So difficult! I can't imagine.

You did a great job of putting your thoughts into words. The best part, I think, is the second to last paragraph. Very good. 

dbk1098 said...
Sounds so real! It is so relatable and well-crafted! Greta Job!