Drifting Away

She has been my best friend since the first grade. She is the closest thing I have to a real sister, but yet she's drifting away from me. I knew this day would come, were I'd no longer be her best friend but she'd be mine. I just didn't think it would happen so quickly. I thought this would happen when we got into high school. Boy was I wrong. She wont even sit with me at lunch at our table anymore. She walks around with her "popular" group now. She claims she get bored siting there. I could walk around with her if she wanted. Oh yeah, I forgot I'm not good enough for her anymore. She starting to act like one of "them" now. By "them" I mean the popular girls at my school who act like their to good for the rest of the school. I mean who died to make you queen? And what scares me is they also act like s***s. If she wanted to she could be one to. What happened? We use to be inseparable. Now she doesn't even want to be in a group with me to work on our project! What did I do wrong? Was I her anchor this whole time? I hope not. Like I said shes the closest thing to a sister I have and I don't want to lose her.