Embarrassment | Teen Ink

Embarrassment

October 24, 2011
By KimberlyDompor BRONZE, Harmon, Other
KimberlyDompor BRONZE, Harmon, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Elementary, My Dear ________." -Sherlock Holmes-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle


I was on my way to the Philippines to visit my family for two reasons. (1) For my aunt's wedding and (2) for my grandparents golden anniversary. But, we'll focus on my aunties wedding, where I was a bridesmaid.

It was on the day of the wedding. I had to wake up 4 in the morning to apply make-up and do my hair. during the wedding, I had to walk down the aisle with my partner, who was really tall and I was short. I slipped twice while walking down, but thank goodness I didn't fall. During the reception, I tripped once again. That's when I thought it was over, but I was wrong.

After we were all done eating lunch, they asked for all the bridesmaids and groomsmen to come up. I didn't know what was going on, but I just followed along. Once there, each group had two balloons, on white, one green. Music started playing and we passed the balloons around. Once the music stopped, someone had the green balloon, I had the white. The rest had to sit down. Next, the bride and the groom were each given a cup, filled with two pieces of paper. The groom went first and pulled out a paper that said white. The person with the green balloon sat down. Next was the bride. She pulled out a piece of paper, but it said red. So, after a few minutes she pulled out another piece of paper, this time, it said white. So, I remained, wondering what was going on. But, once she gave me the bouquet of flowers, it was finally clear to me. And, it was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. That was when I thought it was finally over. But, once again, I was wrong.

They pulled out a chair and asked me to sit down. Once I did, he was handed the garner, which he had to put that on me. Now, THAT was embarrassing. That's when I thought it couldn't have gotten worse. But, yet again, I was wrong.

Afterwards, they took a picture of us next to the bride and groom. Then, all of a sudden, they all tapped the glasses, signaling a kiss from the bride and groom... and from us. After a few seconds, we just touched cheek to cheek. And, finally, the embarrassing nightmare was over.

I think about this every time someone mentions something related to that. But, I'm not embarrassed to say this happened to me. Even though something embarrassing happened, you should be able to laugh about it someday. For me, I laugh about it everyday... because it was caught on video.