I Always Will | Teen Ink

I Always Will

It’s hard to let go, this I know but I wanted nothing more than that. You tore me down, you broke my heart. You took my smile, you murdered my laugh. What were you to me? I honestly don’t know. I held onto you for dear life and for what? To have my pride stomped on, to be defeated. You were my life support when I was weak. You held my hand through the darkest hours and yet there you sit today with a smug smile on your face knowing you nearly killed me when you made me walk away.
You knew what I would say when you told me the truth, you knew I would walk away. I thought you would at least try to stop me now I see I was wrong. But I thank you for all the happy memories you helped me make. Yes for the longest time I wanted to die, even wished for it. As I sit here today I thank you for what you did. I know you meant it when you said you loved me, I meant it too. But now I’m done with you.
You will always have a place in my heart. A spot all your own but I can promise you this, you will never be a part of me again. I don’t need you anymore not like I did. I’ve learned to stand on my own two feet again without you. I still love you. It’s horrible for me to say this, I know but I do. I do love you. I always will.

It took me a long time, but I'm finally over it