Nostalgia | Teen Ink

Nostalgia

By zonaSKYE01 SILVER, Jefferson, Iowa
zonaSKYE01 SILVER, Jefferson, Iowa

If 'growing up' means it would be beneath me to climb a tree, I'll never grow up, not me.
-J.M. Barrie

with our arrival came a sudden, unexpected burst of joy from all present, like an old friend we had underestimated to miss.

The smell of an ocean town that was nowhere near the ocean was everywhere. The sun was just setting and the kids were walking home from the lake, like a family of birds returning to their nest.

I wished I was a part of it.

In a blink of an eye, we’d passed through the town and the sky had switched off the lights, but we were still rumbling down the road. It was enough to make me forget of my world, if only for a split second.

We stopped at a gas station and I bought an over-priced postcard for home. You were sleeping.

None of us wished to stay, but none of us wished to leave.

The thing that makes a real article (Not to try and become picky and side with the purest, just to state what is commonly known fact that most do not want to agree with) is passion. Passion can come from, yes, the author, but it can also be brought up by the reader. Anyone can feel anything. What works best is when you can feel the passion the author puts out, and when you can feel the passion being put into the reader. When there is a connection like that, a relationship is born within. I was heavily satisfied. I felt what they were trying to say, and not only that, got out of it something myself. When you express your ideas, people won't agree. Everyone should be aware of that. But someone will. That's the important thing. I can connect with the authors words. And I am personally interested in hearing more from them. This is quality. I love it