Myself and Reading | Teen Ink

Myself and Reading

I’m going to start my essay with a quote brought to you by Edmund Burke here it goes “Reading without reflecting is like eating without digestion.”

In order to enlighten you about me as a reader you have to to recognize that I love and extremely dislike reading and my favorite author as of this year would be Ellen Hopskins. Also you need to know what variety of books that fascinate me and the goals I have as a reader this year.

First I would like to say that I love to read books because the ones I read are constantly are appealing to me. They always get me thinking about are picturing if there was a squeal. Also when you pick up a book you really understand and really like you get the urge to never give it away or never put it down. That’s the way I get when I find a very interesting book that I like. I hate to read in front of the class for the reason that I get panicky and uncomfortable. Therefore when I read in front of the class I talk really quick, give no eye contact, and get lost in my writing piece. Also I feel like someone is going to laugh or giggle when I give a speech and that makes me nervous and makes me want to just give up.

Secondly I would like to say is that my favorite author as of this year would have to be Ellen Hopskins because all her interesting books that have gotten to me and really have made me a better reader because of the fact that is not that the books are short it’s that her books give me something really to think about. Also the books that I have finished in her series would be including her first book Crank and her sequel Glass which are to of the best books I have ever read thanks to all the passion and mysteries of the two. She is like the best author and always will read her books.

Thirdly you need to know the books that interest me would have to be Crank, Glass Impulse those books were interesting because of the main character Kristina and she struggled to give up drugs and to spend more time with her baby named Hunter. I know it seems kind of harsh but sad is my attention grabber. Another book that interests me is a book I just started named Impulse which talks about three patients who were put in a health center for hurting themselves or others. I know it’s crazy but I already fell in love with this book because of the transitions with all the characters. Other books that would interest me would have to be adventurous and have to have action. Series that would have to be Harry Potter or The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe series.

Fourth goals I have this year would be to read as much as I did last year. Last year I read six books and this year I want to read at lest ten or more books this year but all must be at least over 400 pages and it can’t be a book including small passages such as poems. Another one of my goals is to not be scared to be reading a speech in front of the class and my teacher. My last goal is to have a B and higher because that would be my best grades for every school year I had. The grade that always brings me down is my speech grade and my goal is to get better.
In conclusion to my essay I love and hate to read and my favorite author is Ellen Hopskins. Also I have a lot of books that interest me and I hope of achieving my goals as a reader. Also I hope I can get my hand on a different Ellen Hopskins book because they are flying off the shelves in the library and in Mrs. Hartjes room.

I like to read and enjoy life.