The Forever Choice | Teen Ink

The Forever Choice

October 5, 2011
By AFreeSpirit97 GOLD, Dallas, Oregon
AFreeSpirit97 GOLD, Dallas, Oregon
11 articles 2 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words." -Elbert Hubbard


I didn't know what to do next. Should I had more fuel to the fire, or try to extinguish it? The only was to decide was to think about it. I was in control of it. This was my choice. What do I choose? How can I pick which side to go on? They say it doesn't matter what side I'm supposedly on, as long as I'm happy. But I'm used to making other people happy; doing things to benefit them. Not myself.

The weeks turned to days. The days turned to hours. The hours turned to minutes. Minutes turned to seconds. And the seconds ticked by and I was only slightly close to making my decision that will change my life...again.

Who would have thought the choice of keeping my newly found life, or getting my old one back, was going to be harder than it was when I made my choice to change it all.

I sat and thought (well, tried to) for the longest time. Finally, the choice was clear. But only after I had looked through the windows from front to back, top to bottom. I even looked through the windows from someone else's perspective. Soon enough I had to make my decision.

Leaving my room with my head held high, I went to tell the Boss in charge my plan.

I was to go fight the demon that possesses my fate.

Moving back in with my mom is going to be the hardest easiest thing I could, and will ever, do. But though it will be difficult, I will make it through that fire with only minor burns.

Time will heal; time will tell. There are never enough moments in one person's life to do all that they want, or even need. How much time do I need? How much time do I want? Only time can say.


The author's comments:
This was a piece we had to write in English. Enjoy.