Working My Butt Off | Teen Ink

Working My Butt Off

By Beetle BRONZE, Mayslick, Kentucky
Beetle BRONZE, Mayslick, Kentucky

I’m practicing very hard, I’m running my guts out, I feel like I’m about to throw up everywhere, and I’m pouring sweat, but I keep going. I’m trying my hardest every minute I’m here. I work my butt off. Now I’m getting loose tossing a softball back and forth with my best friend, but I know I’m not going to be starting.

So now we are in the middle of a game playing at their field. They’re the best team in our District. People that are playing defense for us are complaining and while doing that they’re making errors because they have given up all together. For example, she said, “Why keep playing my best if we are down 11 to 0..?” Well, here I am sitting on the bench AGAIN waiting to play and coach does nothing.

I know I’m not the prettiest and most popular girl in the high school, but I absolutely hate how people pick their favorites and it’s always those same people. I know I’m not the best player, but I surely am not the worst, and I’m the one that’s always on the bench.

All of those little things make me so frustrated, but somehow I always deal with them the right way like, I never complain abut anything unlike the other players. Also, those little things make me want to say something to my coach about how I feel, but she always says, “I don’t want to hear any excuses.” Therefore, I just keep it to myself… Also there are players on the field that are always complaining about playing, but then again they get to play, when coach has the rest of her team that is just sitting there on the bench that really want to play but don’t get to!
But, in the end I will never just QUIT I will always try my hardest, even though no one else sees it (including my coaches) I will always see it. So if you are in the same situation as me, all I can say is NEVER JUST QUIT!! ?

About my softball experiences, being a player.