No Matter What | Teen Ink

No Matter What

September 13, 2011
By Anonymous

Ever since I was a little kid, my world has been viewed from the eyes of a broken spirited girl, but I am going to change that. I’m really good at throwing great pity parties, but no one ever seems to notice. Smiling seems to disguise every aspect of pain which people are too afraid to show.
I began thinking earlier today about the fellow students which occupy my class rooms. I realized that none of them know my story and I don’t know any of theirs either. Honestly, when we ask people how their days are going, we never really expect them to have a negative answer. This unsaid expectation can be a dangerous one. I know that my response to this question is always generically positive, even when I feel like life has just sucker punched me. I pray to God that other people don’t do this, because I truly believe that honesty is a key role in helping ourselves and others.
A notorious cheater’s “girlfriend” or “boyfriend” may know of the wrong doings, but doesn’t want to admit it, because then it becomes real. The thing is, that if we were more honest then maybe pain would be a less rampant occurrence. I know that it hurts when people leave you or when you don’t feel accepted. Both of these feelings have plagued me for months now. I had thoughts of ending the pain, for good, but realized that it wouldn’t solve anything. Thankfully I noticed that people still loved me, even the one who hurt me the most. I pulled myself from the pool of depression which I almost sank in, but a lot of people have a hard time getting out.
People don’t realize how much we all affect each other’s lives. I don’t care about which race, sex, religion, sexuality, how much your past has hurt you, how you look, or how much you believe that people don’t need you; I need you. I may never have the opportunity to meet you, but I know that you are important. If you believe anything different, then you are mistaken.
Ever since I was a little kid, my world has been viewed from the eyes of a broken spirited girl, but I am going to change that.


The author's comments:
No matter what you say, you are loved.