A Girl's First Kiss | Teen Ink

A Girl's First Kiss

By Snikerdoodle PLATINUM, Leander, Texas
Snikerdoodle PLATINUM, Leander, Texas

The first kiss.
Probably single handedly one of the most important moments in a girl’s life. That first kiss where everything clicks and falls into place. The part of your life where not only is everything good, but you finally understand why it is.
Ah, the first kiss.
Romantic and special, it’s that moment where every synapse in your brain short circuits and you are dazed. Your heart could be racing a mile a minute, but your breathing is as even as always.
The boy, whoever he may be, is standing there and you’re thinking, “Is this it? Is this finally the moment where it happens? Can I finally see what it’s like? Is it possible to finally have someone like me this much?”
The moon is hanging above the trees, bathing the clearing in silvery light, and your thinking it’s the perfect setting. He’s smiling at you, a grin you never get tired of seeing, and you’re pretty sure your own mouth is about to fall off your smile back is so intense.
Butterflies burst from their cocoon and take flight in your stomach and feeling that’s left you in a daze intensifies.
No thoughts are going through your head now, it’s just a blank as you watch his every move.
You begin to only see bits and pieces. His eyelashes as he blinks his eyes slowly. His small smile that creates dimples in the corners of his mouth. The black chord of his necklace looped around his neck......
You can only hear your heart in your head now, as he steps closer, and you distinctly become aware of the smell of him next to you and the feeling of his breath on your face.
His arms encircle you and you think finally, “This is it!”
He hugs you tight and whispers in your ear, “Goodnight hug.”
Disappointment floods your features and you can’t help but let your shoulders sag. So close. Your heart is three times as heavy as you remember.
He’s pulling away now and you’re already turning to head back to your bed, ready to waste away the night in mourning, when he says something that shocks you.
“Goodnight kiss?”
Panic seizes you as you realize he’s bending down and his eyes are closing as his face gets closer to yours......
So what do you do? The natural thing of course. You pull away.
The minute you do so, you scream to yourself, “Why’d you do that? Why?”
But it doesn’t matter, because he’s looking at you and smiling, and you’re so embarrassed you want to hide your face in your hands. Only he won’t let you.
“Oh, come here,” He says and pulls you into his arms so that your head is cranked back a little, then he kisses you on the lips.
Blank.
All you feel is his touch. All you smell is his scent. Your breath mingles with his and you become one.
When he releases you, you stumble a little without meaning to and feel your face flush. Then you process where you are and the first thing you think is......
Slobbery.
In horror you realize just what you thought and feel your flush deepen to a dark crimson. How could you have thought that? Did you just wipe your mouth?
But once again, he’s laughing and walking backwards, staring at you with a smirk.
“Speechless huh?” He says and quickly you answer, “I am not!”
Then his laughter deepens and he turns towards his own bed as you turn to yours.
You touch your lips where he kissed you and feel your uncontrollable smile return. It hurts your mouth, unlike his kiss, and you can’t help but hold back a shriek. It happened. Finally.
“Hey!”
You turn back, heart leaping in your chest, and he says, “It was like you’d just sucked a lemon!”
Horror, once again......
The first kiss.
The first kiss never follows the guidelines.

Lol. Enjoy.

glub123 BRONZE said...
glub123 BRONZE, North Wales, Pennsylvania

Miracles do happen to those who deserve them.

lucky u ;)

Snikerdoodle PLATINUM, Leander, Texas
Haha, thank you. And yes, it actually happened to me.....

glub123 BRONZE said...

I loved it. Did it really happen to you? I wish it happened to me. ;)