Miracle Child | Teen Ink

Miracle Child

By glub123 BRONZE, North Wales, Pennsylvania
glub123 BRONZE, North Wales, Pennsylvania

Miracles do happen to those who deserve them.

July of 2010 my mom finally asked the doctor why i wasn't growing and she said maybe the bone age. We did a bone age test and found out my bone age was were it is supposed to be. Then she decided to take a few blood tests. Later that day we found out I had hypothyroidism, a problem with the thyroid. I have to take medicine everyday to keep it stabilized. After a few days, we found out I had ITP, which is low platelets. This is all because of autoimmune disorder, which we also found out I had that summer. Later, we found out I had mixed connective tissue disease. Mixed connective tissue disease controlled all the sicknesses I had. Then I started taking a lost of blood tests and IV's. I even had one overnight stay at the hospital. One medicine they gave me finally got my system balanced again. The doctors keep saying that it's a miracle. Now, I still take medicines and all, but I don't have to go to the doctor's office every week like before. I believe in miracles because I am one!

I posted this story because I feel people should still have faith in miracles. I hope that after reading this story you will share it to others and believe in miracles.