Harry Potter the books and movies I grew up with. | Teen Ink

Harry Potter the books and movies I grew up with.

August 16, 2011
By theatercamper112 SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
theatercamper112 SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
9 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do what you want to not what anyone else tells you to.


For 10 years I have read the books and watched the movies. On the July 15th 2011, we entered the final chapter of Harry Potter. It was a sad day for many people because we all grew to love Harry. As the decade of Harry Potter has come to an end I will always love Harry Potter no matter what. Each book there was excitement , mystery and some sadness to the school but you felt like you belonged to Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The day I turned eleven all I wanted an was owl to appear at my window with a letter to Hogwarts accepting me into the school(Didn't we all want that we turned eleven). I can't believe that it all went by so quickly, but it has happened. I will go by the saying that J.K. Rowling (author of the Harry Potter series) said herself" Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home whether it is by the books or movies, Hogwarts will always be there." I would like to say thank you to J.K Rowling for bringing us Harry Potter because without the books and the movies no one would be saying how much they enjoyed growing up with him . Harry Potter has been a part of my life for 10 years. He shall be in my heart no matter what . As we grew to love characters we also grew to hate some as well for example Draco Malfoy. Harry Potter's enemy trying to be mister perfect when really he wasn't at all. What he was trying to do was get Harry and his friends into trouble. Harry Potter is continuing on not in the movies but with other things as well, like the site pottermore which will be open to all in October of 2011. Which J.K. Rowling will go into detail about certain things in books and movies. It has been a blast growing up with Harry Potter and I am sad to say that the end has come but if I ever want to pick up a good book to read I will pick up a Harry Potter book. So that is all for right now. Finite Incantatem!


The author's comments:
Wouldn't you have loved to go to hogwarts. Would you love to learn magic.