The Strain | Teen Ink

The Strain

By Hanako BRONZE, Preston, Connecticut
Hanako BRONZE, Preston, Connecticut

Art is a Bang, un!! Powah of the Rainbow, BAYBAY!!!! *lick* Taste the rainbow 8D

I sit here, crying tears away, thinking back upon memories of past, when I chased down trains to memory lane, when I was still sane, and of the game that brought the fame to those memories, but all in vain, as while I strain to bring them again, all I gain is endless pain, the game’s the same, it’ll never change, I’ll never change to meet it.

I’ll never change to greet you, you know that I won’t change. You know the ways, you I stray the path you never change. You always play the same old game, you think I’ll always obey. You expect me to follow blindly like a dog. You know you cannot lead me, you know I will not follow. And yet you play the same old game, you think ill always obey. You do not realize that…
You do not realize that…

You refuse to f***ing know the fact that I’m insane. You think that you have all the gain, you do not DARE to strain. Your mind, the endless games I’ve played, the endless tricks I’ve lain. I’ve slain those past memories, the warriors dark.

So yes, I sit here. Crying. Thinking back upon memories of past, when I chased down trains to memory lane when I was still sane, and of the game that brought the fame to those memories, but all in vain, as while I strain to bring them again, all I gain is endless pain, the game’s the same, it’ll never change, ill never change to meet it?

Those memories, dear, are of you and of me. I held you in my arms, you sat there, you smiled as though I actually mattered.

As though any of this. Actually. F***ing. Mattered.

Nah, You don't know me, un. Not one bit, not the real me, un.