Self harm.

By , Nesquehoning, PA
So today me and my friend were messing around and logged into each others' facebooks. A few minutes ago I logged into hers again because I was going to post something and the chat she was having with her cousin opened up and she told him that she scratches herself sometimes with anything she can find. She told him to not tell me specifically because she didn't know how I would react. How should I confront her about it? I mean I thought we were best friends and we could tell each other everything, but apparently not. If someone could help I would be grateful.

Haily_Horan said...
Dont freak out. just stay calm and ask her about it dont judge her and offer to help her.

sweetiepye16 said...
This is something you should definetly tell to someone. It may just be a habit, like I do, but who knows what else it could lead to. Try talking to her, show her your understanding about the situation, and tell her your willing to listen and help her stop. Best of luck!

NeeleyLeigh said...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:41 am

To be very honest, she may not want you to know. She'll tell you on her own when she's ready. I use to do the same thing, sratch myself. Just try asking her about anything that's bothering her, remind her you will always be there for her. It's hard to admit to anyone that you're hurting yourself. I didn't tell my friends until I was in too deep. If you're really worried tell an adult you trust that you suspect something. I didn't tell anyone until I was "addicted" to it. But if you really wan... (more »)